Re: Electronic Ignition - aftermarket (Crane vs MSD)

To: vscjohn@huntnet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition - aftermarket (Crane vs MSD)
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:24:26 -0500
At 09:29 PM 7/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Eric, can you confirm that should the MSD fail you can simply switch back to
>the
>ignitor and proceed on your way?  I'm considering just such a setup and the
>redundancy is a very attractive feature.  John

Yes, it is easy to bypass. You pull the four wires going from the coil to the
MSD and replace them
with two (supplied) jumper wires which bridge around it.  I had to do it once-
the MSD's ground wire came loose
(found this out after the fact) and I didn't have time to diagnose it in a rain
storm so I bypassed it and drove home.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com