Re: TR3 hardtop rear glass installation

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 hardtop rear glass installation
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:31:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Ken,

I don't know anything about the TR3 hardtop.... but I was very impressed
with the "cord" method when I replaced my windshield.

The scheme is to put the rubber gasket on the glass... tape it in place if
needed... then take a length of strong cord (the twisted cotton type used
for tying packages)... long enough to go around the circumference of the of
the gasket riding in the groove where the hardtop edge goes.  Overlap the
cord at the bottom or top so you have 2 ends with about a foot of overlap.

Then, you get someone to help you and press the glass/gasket hard up
against the opening.   It will seem impossible to get the gasket lip to go
over and inside the opening.   That's where the cord comes in.  You start
with one of the ends and start pulling it toward you from the inside of the
opening.   As you pull the cord the inside lip of the gasket is pulled
along over the edge of the opening.   Works great.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html (Big Update on 6/13/99)