Re: TR4 arms fix?

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 arms fix?
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 12:50:39 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Carl

I had the same with my TR4 - what I did was to build up the worn part
with braze (I thought that arc welding would de-temper the metal at the
time) and then I carefully filed out each 'hole' to somewhere near to
the correct size.  I have heard since I did this about people welding on
large washers to the arms as well (on a GT6) but didn't try this out.
I found that you can't buy the arms new in the UK, and I did have to buy
one second hand due to the fact that one was slightly bent.  I can't
understand why they are not made new.
--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (Loughborough UK)