TR4 arms fix?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 arms fix?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:38:00 EDT
Hi List,
I've totally desmantled my TR4s front suspension. Found the trunnion 'cross
pins', (large steel shafts horizontaly through the brass trunnion part), all
badly worn flat where they ride in the lower outer arm bushings. (RevingtonTR
sells just the shaft part for US$30 ea. vs. Moss entire trunnion at $75 ea.)
Shafts are so badly worn they not only went through the bushings but into the
arm metal about .5 to 1 mm on all four arms. Can I get oversized bushes
installed? Steel inserts made-then bushes? Or do I have to buy all four lower
arms as 'good used' and rebuild from there? Anyone go through this or have
good ideas on best repair?
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74 ...and I thought the suspension was in great shape - hooha