drain pipe bulkhead TR6

To: "Gernot Vonhoegen" <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: drain pipe bulkhead TR6
From: "Fredd" <sec@traveller.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 02:47:59 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Gernot,

The top of the plastic tube connects to the tube that drains the bulkhead.
The other side of the plastic tube, on an original or correctly build TR6,
will create a perfect on-board aquarium, causing an increase in sales of
replacement fenders for Triumph at the time :-)
Serious, what I did on all my TR's is the following.
Take a tube approx 10" long, of the same diameter as the drain tube on top.
Bend this tube at a 120 degree angle.
Drill a hole in the horizontal part of the sill under the top tube.
Insert the tube in that hole with the bottom of the short tube facing the
vertical part of the sill, underneath the floorboards..
Mark the position where the pipe touches the vertical part, drill same
diameter hole.
Push the pipe true this hole. Bend the part of the tube that is visible true
the vertical sill a little facing to the rear odf the car, to avoid road mud
to clog this tube.
Weld pipe in both holes, or if not welding, use sealing product.
(Note : You can also go straight to the bottom of the sill, but I would not
advice to do that, since if you go over a curb and touch the sill, you will
close the installed tube. The tube in the vertical part keeps it protected
and out of sight.)
Connect plastic tube on top drain and on installed tube.
Put closing panel on fender, et voila...you just put the fender
manufacturers out of business.

fredd