Removing TR-6 Body

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing TR-6 Body
From: "David Sterrett (SA)" <Sterrett@ShenandoahAutomation.Com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:17:36 -0700

I am getting ready to weld in new inner rockers and have noticed some rust
on my newly welded in
floor boards (< 6 months old). I have now almost conviced myself that I
should seriously considering
pulling the body off the car before I both putting the interior back in.
(So that I can pressure wash
the underside of the body and the frame and treat them with rust
protectorant - POR 15). I want to keep
this car indefinitely.

I can't find any proceedure in Haynes or Bentley for removing the body. Can
the body be removed with
the panels and doors intact without risk of buckling or should it be
braced? Is there a book that details
taking the body off the frame?  Has anyone done this with a 2.5 ton engine
hoist (which can lift about 1000 pounds
at maximum boom extension). Is there any cure for what has appropriately
been called "shipfitters disease"
short of a prefrontal lobotomy?

Dave Sterrett
69 TR6 (3/4 assembled and heading the wrong direction)