Re:Windscreen seal 74 TR6

To: krice@fishnet.net, TR250 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Windscreen seal 74 TR6
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:53:13 -0700
Hi Kyle,

The body to windshield rubber can only be replaced with the windshield
frame off the car. The gasket has 2 holes that the windshield posts
slide into. The posts that I'm referring to are the ones that extend from
the windshield A pillars and insert into the windshield mount brackets located
behind the dash and next to the fenders. Removing the windshield is really
quite easy. I would loosen the brackets, 2 bolts are accessible when the
door is opened, between the upper portion of the door and the front
fender, and one is accessible under the dash. Then you need to remove
the nut that screws onto the windshield post connecting it to the bracket.
Grasp the windshield and slowly and evenly, working from side to side,
pull on the A piller until the windshield is free.

Dave
TR250