Re: Speeding tickets

To: amdixon@erols.com
Subject: Re: Speeding tickets
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:53:54 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Not surprised. I'm sure there are police out there who are concerned about
safe driving, etc. However, you cannot deny the fact that revenue from
tickets is a large factor in community budgets.....they sure ain't donating
it to their favorite charity. The laws and speed limits were set long before
cars had the handling and stopping capability of the newer cars.....or for
that matter sports cars. Nothing has changed in the 30 years I've been
driving except the maniacs in SUV's who cut you off without a thought. The
police sitting by the side of the road trying to bag a speeder should be
cruising and looking for drivers with bad and aggressive driving habits. That
is much more dangerous than speeding.

For example, I came up on a woman driving an Expedition the other day. She
was in the passing lane doing 50mph. The speed limit was 70mph. There was no
other traffic in either lane (behind or ahead) but I patiently waited to see
if she would relinquish the passing lane. She didn't so I moved into the slow
lane to get around her. As I pulled even with her I looked over to see what
she was doing. She was putting drops in her eyes! Welllll, at least she had
slowed down to do it!!

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Bridgewater, Michigan