Bigger tires on TR3?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bigger tires on TR3?
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:04:16 -0400

--openmail-part-196722d9-00000001

LisTRs,

A short time back I asked whether anyone could recommend a wider size of tire
for a TR3a. I got one response to the effect that there's not much room in the
wheel well to go wider. Then I picked up a Grassroots Motorsports (July/Aug 99)
where there's an article about a guy who's done a nice job upgrading his TR3,
including going to 185/65-15 on 5.5" minilite replicas on the front, and
195/65-15 on the rear.
So I have three questions:

1. Would this guy have had to have widened his wheel wells?
2. Would the 185/65-15 fit on standard 4.5" disc rims?
3. Is anyone else on the list running wider than 165s on their TR3s?

Thanks,
Jim Wallace

--openmail-part-196722d9-00000001--