RE: Gauges

To: Schloss3@aol.com
Subject: RE: Gauges
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:10:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

What can I use under the chrome ring to
seal the gauge?

Paul,

I rebuilt my entire dash including the gauges and faced this
same problem.  The old material was rubber or cork based but
was a crumbly powder on my gauges.

I talked to the guys at Nisonger in Mamaroneck, NY.(
http://www.nisonger.com) They specialize in guage rebuilding
and supplied me with the o-rings for the outside of the
gauges and lengths of a hollow vinyl tubing that was used to
form the seal between the bezel and glass.

If you can find a flexible small diameter tubing you could
use that.  I could not locate it anywhere.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA
sanborn@net1plus.com