Lucas Fograngers!

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas Fograngers!
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:29:34 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
It started out a bad day. Home AC broken, huge repair bill. (Like enough to
buy the STAG I've been saving for.) Knocked my favorite Indian Motocycle
Museum mug off my shelf and broke it.

Package arrives unexpectedly early from CT. Two original Lucas Fogranger
Driving lamps. Exactly like the ones on the Green TR4 on the cover of
Original TR. Not perfect by any means, but beautiful. I am a very, very
happy, and lucky guy!

Questions for the list. One light seems to be driving light, one seems to be
a fog light. Do I wire them to work together or separately? How many watts
are these guys? Use a relay?

Drill holes in the bumper? (Owch!--but that's how they were mounted on the
TR they came off of.) Or fab a mount(s) from strap steel? Has anyone seen a
light bar for a TR4-4A? Can you describe its mounting points? Moss has bars
for earlier TRs.

Any help with recreating correct style mounting and wiring would be really
appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Chris Lillja
'66 TR4A
'74 Norton Commando 850
'71 Spit MKIV
http://members.aol.com/lilljaweb/index.html

P.S. It's much easier to stop a Trane than one might think!