painting underbody/frame - non LBC question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: painting underbody/frame - non LBC question
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:40:25 -0400
I am looking to paint the underbody / frame of my non LBC.  The vehicle
will be used as my winter transport and subjected to road salt.  Vehicle
frame has factory E-coat reasonably intact (local areas of nonscalely
surface rust).  Vehicle is 8 yrs old but has seen minimal road salt to
date.  I have never used POR - 15 or Corroless (sp) as mentioned by other
listers.   Would this be preferable to using PPG DP90 epoxy primer as a
corrosion inhibitor?  Looking for suggestions from others that have painted
the undersides of their winter vehicles that are exposed to road salt.