Metro NY car show - A Touch of England

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Metro NY car show - A Touch of England
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 17:28:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Scions,

As many of you know, the date for the show, 19 June, is rapidly approaching.
The show is held on a shady, tree lined street in a closed park.  It's a
great setting, especially compared to the parking lot shows a lot of us
attend. We are about 20 minutes southwest of the Tappan Zee Bridge in
Westwood, New Jersey, just north of Paramus.

Last year we had about a dozen listers and most of their cars at the show.
It was a good time to associate faces with names and sig files. We also
caravanned back to my house for beer and munchies, but it was a bit of a
hassle for everyone to get back to the main roads afterward.  This year
after the show, (unless y'all can convince me you want to come back to the
house for a barbecue afterwards) we will be stopping at the Iron Horse
restaurant for a drink or two.  The Iron Horse is right next to the park;
walking distance.

The show is a low key, fun social event.  I anticipate having 70-85 cars;
the park can only hold about 90-95 total.  We've managed to line up a fair
number of good door prizes again this year to be handed out via my favorite
means of door prize distribution.... WE call the number, YOU pick the prize.
(I once won a non-TR tune-up kit and swore, that if I ever ran an event, I'd
let the winners pick their own prizes from the remaining stock.)

NOTE: Realey-Healey, will at the show offering 15% off Moss Motors parts
orders (most parts excludes body shells, etc.) at the show only!  Bring your
parts lists.  Credit cards are OK.

Hey, CT guys and gals.  Unlike an MG run show, this New Jersey Triumph
Association show had more Triumphs (and more big Healeys) than MG's last
year.  TR is spoken here!

BTW - If you have any questions after Monday, 14 June send them to me at
BandR@juno.com,  I will not be able to download this Email account for the
entire week before the show.

Come by and join us for a fun Saturday on the 19th,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando
Hillsdale, NJ