RE: TR6 wheel centers

To: britcars@powerbritish.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 wheel centers
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:50:30 -0400
Hi, Brian. I've seen that treatment before myself (I think with black
centers), and like you say it may depend on the overall colour, but the
effect (like that for TR2 wheels which were painted body colour) it is
striking. Remember also that the 'trim rings' were a North American
addition, whereas the UK cars generally went without the additional 'glam'
treatment. Provided the steel wheels are uniformly rust-free, they look
quite nice by themselves (see the Piggott 'Original' books for yourself).

Cheers, JD