Re: TR3B: Keeping Control Box "Wired" with an Alternator

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR3B: Keeping Control Box "Wired" with an Alternator
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 00:19:43 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dave :

All you need to do to disable the original box is disconnect the ground
lead (E terminal).  If you are so inclined, you could even use the
original yellow armature wire to make the warning lamp connection, as
the warning lamp was originally wired to the D terminal (and can remain
so).  With the ground removed, the cutout relay can't "cut in", so FDE
remain isolated from A and A1.  Be sure to insulate the unused F and E
wires, as they will now be 'hot'.  I connected the alternator output to
the A terminal, since the screws on my early regulator made it
convenient.

Randall