TR3B: Keeping Control Box "Wired" with an Alternator

Subject: TR3B: Keeping Control Box "Wired" with an Alternator
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:14:45 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello all,

I've replaced my generator with a Bosch alternator, which includes an
internal regulator. So far, so good. I've studied the pages on VTR about
alternator conversions (many thanks Dan!). The alternator comes with three
spade connectors (2 go back to the batter, one to the alternator warning
light) which seems OK to figure out.

Now my question: I'd like to leave the original control box on the firewall
with wiring attached. Of course, I don't intend to be using this box, but I
want it to look "correct". I figure I'll just deal with the issues at the
other end of each of the wires. Can this be achieved? Are there any
connections that would still be workable through this control box (ie.,
leave both end of the wiring intact as per original)? Am I just crazy to
attempt this?

Thanks for any help,

Dave Moag
62 TR3B