TR6 trunk board

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 trunk board
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:08:34 -0700
Has anyone out there made a new trunk board?  I recently found my old trunk
board... (covers the spare tire) it had been stored away at my folks'
house.  It's quite warped and rotten.  I've taken some careful measurements
and made a drawing that I'll use to try to make another one.  The OEM board
looks like 1/4 inch thick masonite.  Any other ideas as to better materials
to use?

No surprise here, but the little plastic latch was broken... are these
still available?

The metal parts that are riveted to the board are a little tweaked here and
there, but I think I can straighten them out and reuse them.

Any tips appreciated.

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6