fiberglass parts and stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: fiberglass parts and stuff
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:54:13 EST

  Hi List,
             Progress has been made! The hood to build the molds from is here
and stripped of all the bolt on bits and pieces. This one is from a 1500 and
has an almost perfect skin. I start tomorrow.
             I have a question. Does anyone in the North Fla. area have a
straight early model Spit hood that they would be interested in loaning out
for a few weeks? I have good examples of the early GT, Late Spit and enough
pieces to build a late GT, but no early Spit hoods. One ready for paint or in
need of paint would be best since there might be some scratches when the mold
is pulled. Wooden  wedges must be used to seperate the mold from the hood and
could rub the paint at the edges.
             Also,  is there anyone producing late model headlight bezels? has
anyone thought about having these chromed? Are they available in plastic?
             After the dust has setteled on this part of the project there may
be two extra metal GT hoods sitting around. There not mine, but they may be up
for sale......
             There is also a late model hard top that I intend to mold......
if there is enough interest.....
              Let me know.

PLB3