Re: Radio For TR6

To: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio For TR6
From: "maineac" <maineac@netquarters.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:41:19 -0500
My TR6 came with a gen-u-wine BL radio (AM only).  It has the usual 2 black
knobs, 4 push buttons and a really cheesy looking chrome plastic suround to
"frame" the push buttons and dial.  I have since replaced it with a Sanyo
AM/FM cassette player, but I kept the (nonfunctional) BL unit.  BTW, there
is a company called Crutchfield who sell lots of stuff for car audio, and
on page 22 of their catalog (just before XMAS catalog), there's a picture
of a guy sitting in a TR6 smiling at the camera.  No picture of a radio in
the car, but a real TR6!  I was impressed (but not enough to buy a radio
from them).

----------
> From:  Philip Smith <smith007@mindspring.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Radio For TR6
> Date: Thursday, February 25, 1999 8:50 PM
>

> Going through all my papers, brochures, I found information for "Custom
> Autosound" Supposedly they sell radios that will fit the TR6, center dash
> support. Anyway, they offer several radios, of which you have the option
of
> either a Black face, or a Crome face, and I think Triumph written on it.
My