Re: Radio For TR6

To: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Radio For TR6
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:19:44 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> From:  Philip Smith <smith007@mindspring.com>

> Going through all my papers, brochures, I found information for "Custom
> Autosound" Supposedly they sell radios that will fit the TR6, center dash
> support. Anyway, they offer several radios, of which you have the option
of
> either a Black face, or a Crome face, and I think Triumph written on it.
My
> question is, was the original TR6 Cromed face or Black. I have never seen
an
> original. Has anyone on the list bought a radio from them? Were you
> satisfied with their service and product?

My 74 TR6 did not come delivered with a factory radio. The dealer installed
a Boman Astronix AM-FM 8 Track (!!!) with a chrome face plate. I have the
original window sticker from my car, and there is no mention of a radio. My
guess is that TR radios of the era were dealer installed.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
66 TR4A CT52499
Highland Park, IL