TR4 handles

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 handles
From: Judy Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:43:07 -0800
Just received from TRF, a new set of outside handles with key, and I have a
problem. I knew before ordering that they would not install with the existing
lock mechanism as is on the car. However, I was not prepared for the problem
the mounting screws have presented, The front screw is fine, however, the
mounting screw towards the rear (B post end) of the handle is not even close to
aligning with the existing hole in the door. In fact, it is on the opposite end
of the handle mechanism compared to the original.  If you drill another hole in
the door to allow mounting, it will not be a full 360 degree hole as the
mounting screw on the handle protrudes  partly into the existing cut out for
the handle mechanism.
Have any of you used these, or know where I can get original handles; new or
good used ones?  My originals are not working and I do not know where to send
them for repair. I would like to have the originals working if possible.
Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for any help.
Dennis Barr