Oil Spill cleanup

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Spill cleanup
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:41:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a variation on the cat litter technique that works great not only on
fresh spills but also old stains. I also use very cheap, plain cat litter. I
pour a generous amount over the spill until its completely covered. Then I
pour a little gasoline into the center of the pile of cat litter and use an
old broom to scrub the mixture around (I don't dance very well, I'm afraid).
After finished, simply sweep it into a dust pan and discard over your
neighbor's back fence. (Just kidding about that part). I discovered that the
gasoline/cat litter mixture not only absorbs the oil but also bleaches the
concrete back to a light color. Just don't go nuts with the gasoline. A
little goes a long way. And remember how dangerous the vapors are. Don't use
anything that can generate a spark while cleaning.  Regards, Greg