Re: Pale Yellow

To: Don Pikovnik <donp@ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: Pale Yellow
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:43:08 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Don Pikovnik wrote:

> My records show only one Pale Yellow used on Triumphs.  It was used on
> TR3's, ICI 3220.  If PPG reissued the color with another paint code in 1966
> after TR3's ceased production, was it to update the original color to a
> modern paint?  If so, the color should be the same, or very close to the
> original.  The ICI color register refers to 3220 as "Pale Yellow (Primrose)"
> which is the name I use.

Don,
As all good reporters, "I don't make the news, I only report it!"  At
any rate, I am going to call my PPG supplier tomorrow and give them the
ICI code you provided and see if they can cross reference it.  If so, I
will have them compare it with their coed that they provided yesterday
to see if there is any correlation.  Then I will add the information to
my chart.

Also, thanks for the codes for MCA and JMW.  I will also add them.  If
you have all the other ICI codes I am missing, I would gladly add those
to further enhance the usability of the chart.

Regards,
Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer