Re: Pale Yellow

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Pale Yellow
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:26:58 -0500 ()
Cc: don pikovnik <donp@ncweb.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Joe Curry wrote:

> Don,
> As with other paint colors, the name Pale Yellow was reissued in the
> form of another shade.  The Primrose color carries a different mix code
> from the earlier Pale yellow according to the PPG people.  Also the
> later color was issued in 1966 whereas the color in question was used in
> the 50's.  Same thing we found out about the now infamous "Ice Blue"

I remember the Ice Blue (secret? :-) ). But I wasn't aware of the Pale
Yellow peril. Pale and Primrose were originally two different names for
the same color, circa 1958-60. Could it be that someone, somewhere, is
also confusing Jonquil and/or Jasmine yellows with Pale/Primrose? And I'm
a bit puzzled about the 1966 reference above. Triumph, at least for North
America, didn't offer any yellow in 1966, did they?

I am curious (yellow) about this, as I might be getting "Joseph the
Amazing Multicolored Herald" painted this year in correct, original PALE
YELLOW (and Sebring White; let's hope that there aren't too many versions
of THAT color lurking about in catalogs).

--Andy