Re: TR2/TR3 Capillary Tube

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2/TR3 Capillary Tube
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:30:48 -0700
philpatt@kalamazoo.net wrote:

> my TR2 capillary tube (water thermometer gauge) is shot (and I'm
> having a devil of a time trying to extract it from it's housing...

Just the other day I was reading an account of a TR3 restoration that
encountered that same problem.  In this case the owner "decapitated"
(his term) the housing in order to remove the sender.  He didn't say why
this approach but I assumed it was because he couldn't get another
sender and could get a replacement housing.

Article included a photo of the sorry-looking result.  If you get
desparate enough to try this I can send you a copy so you can see where
this guy made his cut.

Good luck!

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A