Re: TR heaven & hell

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR heaven & hell
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:21:59 -0800
Alan and all:

Reminds me of the days in the fall of 1990 when I worked at Aurora Auto
Wrecking in North Seattle.  They specialize in several European makes (BMW,
Saab, Peugeot) and Triumph and MG.  I worked there for about 6 months while
attending the Art Institute of Seattle... luckily I wound up finding a nice
"cushy" job at the school that replaced the wrecking yard job.  But, it was
fun just the same... lots of poor old TR6's and Spitfires.  It's almost
like going to the Humane Society and seeing all the lost or abandoned
pets... you see it in their faces... the desperate hope that someone will
save them.  Same thing here, except perhaps those TR's knew that the only
way they would be rescued is in little increments...part by part.  You
could almost imagine their little tails wagging in anticipation anytime a
customer went out to look for some parts!  Kind of sad, really.  I remember
pulling a brake booster for a customer from a TR6...the poor car of course
had no top, and there I was with my head stuffed into the footbox getting
rained on while I struggled with that stupid twisted cotter pin!  (I hate
those things!  That's why I use hitch pins on my car!!) I was pretty well
drenched by the time I finally dug the thing out, but in the process I
managed to rescue at least PART of that poor old TR6.

Okay... does anyone think I'm nuts now?

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6