The O/D Chronicles, Conclusion.

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The O/D Chronicles, Conclusion.
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:06:10 -0800
The good news is, there is now an A-type overdrive unit in my garage.

The bad news is it's used and of questionable heritage.

Spent a chunk of the afternoon over at Triumphs Only. They had one
complete (I think), hopefully resurrectable unit and I paid them way too
much for it. I am now trying to decide whether to put the unit together
myself and keep my fingers crossed, buy the rebuild kit and go for it
myself or try to find a local LBC O/D surgeon so I can spend even more
money!

FYI: Triumphs Only does have a couple very complete rebuilt (locally) A
& J gearbox-O/D units for $1895, if anyone on the list is interested.
Sounds like a lot, but the solenoid is there, the inhibitor switches are
there, the gearbox top is in place. All you will need is the wiring
harness (about $25), column switch ($55 or so), relay (tell Wayne to
throw one in) and transplant the shift lever from your car.

I probably should have gone that route. It probably would have ended up
cheaper! Oh well, hate to let the perfectly good gearbox sit here
without an O/D unit!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L & soon O