Looking for a bATTERY.......

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for a bATTERY.......
From: gkoftx@juno.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:44:36 -0600
>I'm ready for a battery, and I have ruled out a buying the concours
correct thing, a tar-top for $200 plus ........

While Will is looking for a new battery, I couldn't pass up my story.  In
1974, I purchased for my 72 a J.C. Penny battery for $52.  At the time
they advertised it as being "the last battery you will ever buy"  While
my receipts are a little ragged, every few years, I trade in my battery
for a new one.  I bet I'm on my eight battery or so.  While J.C. Penny
doesn't handle batteries anymore, they let Firestone take care of their
warranty work.  Like the ad said "this will be the last......"

George
72 TR6
77k miles
Fort Worth, TX