RE: Upper "A" post seal (on TR6 windshield frame)

To: "'scott suhring'" <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>, Joe Sholtes IV <joeiv@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Upper "A" post seal (on TR6 windshield frame)
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:59:49 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Scott,

Very useful information. I have been stumped on this arrangement for the
last couple of years. Couldnt figure out why I was getting water leakage in
the monsoon heavy rains in N. Cal that seemed to be comming down the front
edge of the door and over the sill... Duh... Now it is crystal clear that
the reason is that the rubber seal is in bass ackwards w/the roll on the
outside. Maybe now I can finally reinstall my carpeting and leave it in over
winters.

Deano

The rubber seal goes on the outer part of the windscreen. It
is glued into place using an adhesive (I think I used
3-M).  In essence, this piece creates a grove with the
fuzzy seal so that the window slides into it when roled up to
creat a weather seal. You want the side of the rubber seal that
has the round "bulge" to face into the car since this is the
part that flexes when the window is roled up and channels into
the grove.

I hope this is clear, but if not let me know and I'll give it
another try (and go out and look at the 6!)

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6