Canvas Top TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Canvas Top TR6
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:20:06 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I have had a sunfast (also called stayfast) top on my '71 TR6 for eight
years - I love it.  I drive almost exclusively with the top down, the joys
of California living, and it is a daily driver.  I also have a sunfast
tonneau cover.  Be careful you are not sold a true canvas top, it will fade
and leak!  Sunfast cloth is a composite material that has a waterproof
barrier between non-fading cloth.  It does not fade or leak.  Advantages?
When I put my top up, it has not shrunk or distorted as vinyl tends to.  It
goes up very easily.  The top does not abrade against itself - vinyl
components tend to rub themselves raw I suspect because of the stiffness.
They look magnificent!  The cloth top and tonneau always get visitors and
questions when I go to club events.  The cost is the problem usually running
$200-$300 more than the vinyl.  If you can afford it, it is well worth it

Peter Arakelian
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.
(805) 681-3400 x3214