Re: GT6 Chassis and spitfire body

To: "Brian E. Serra" <Brian.Serra@ey.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 Chassis and spitfire body
From: Aribert_Neumann%MIMCO@magna.on.ca
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:44:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

I did the Spit body onto a GT-6 chassis using a 71 chassis with a 78 body.
I suspect the frame is the same for pre 71 Spit /GT-6 as for 71 up.  Note
the chassis gained outriggers rearward of the diff cross member for the
rear crash bumpers in the mid 70s.
.....What pain would I go through to use a '69 GT6 chassis with a '77
Spitfire body?.....

Are you planning to use the entire GT-6 driveline (all at once)?  You made
mention of a future engine swap.  If not, suggest keeping your existing
Spit chassis (assuming this is currently a vehicle in use), adding the
front suspension uprights, rotors, calipers and master cylinder from a GT-6
donor.  The diff is essentially the same between the Spit and GT-6 except
for the gear ratio.  Except for the rotoflex years on the GT-6, the rear
suspension & driveline is common (also except for rear brake shoes/drums).
Then you can do whatever engine swap you plan in the future.

....because I will need a stronger rearend in my Spit when I get around to
my engine swap....