Underhood blanket - Seriously this time

To: Triumph List - Worldwide <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Underhood blanket - Seriously this time
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 19:40:21 -0500
Sorry for the obtuse humor about the grinding, but a sent a
post just prior pertaining to a aftermarket water pump that
wasn't ground back enough.  I know the reason for the
grinding and I'm not trying to hide it with a blanket.

Actually,  I am thinking about putting in an underhood
blanket on a TR3,  to quiet the cabin.  Does anyone have any
experience doing this work.

Will this give me a heating problem?  How it it attached?
Does it cut down on sound?  What kind of material is best, I

have seen several types?  Is their enough room?

Thanks for your help.

--
Paul g. Wiegman
1956 TR3