TR4A B-post Repairs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A B-post Repairs
From: Ben/Pam Zwissler <zwissler@hsonline.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:49:19 -0500
I'm in the midst of replacing my floor pans and sills and have determined
that the lower portion of the left side  B-post is not repairable.  Complete
replacment B-posts are available for $200, but I noticed in the Practical
Classics TR6 Restoration book they mentioned the availability of a B-post
lower repair panel, see page 47 if you have the book.  They said they got
the repair panel from a UK company call SW Classics.  This would save me a
lot of time and hopefully some money.

A couple of questions.  First, how similar is the TR6 B-post to the TR4A?
Second, has anyone dealt with SW Classics and know if they have an email or
fax number?  I'm hoping I could use the TR6 part or that they have a TR4A
part.  None of the US suppliers list a repair panel.

Anyway, I'd like to make a decision before the first phase of the TRF winter
sale ends.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone has to offer.  I'm on the
digest so direct replies will get to me faster.

Thanks,

Ben Zwissler, zwissler@hsonline.net
Columbus, Indiana
1980 TR-8