New Brake Shoes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New Brake Shoes
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 21:38:27 -0500
Cc: John_Krause@icpmech.navy.mil
I installed new brake shoes on my '70 TR6 tonight.
I had some trouble getting the drum back on (had
opened the brake adjuster screw all the way so fully
retracted and the emergency brake is off), so I
adjusted the shoes a bit (up and down) 'til the
drum went on.

My question to the list is after adjusting the brakes
there is still a slight, but noticible rubbing noise
from the shoes and the drum.  The wheel turns with
average force.  Should I be alarmed or will this
correct itself once I drive on them for a while, meaning
the shoe will wear down so no longer rubbing? BTW, I'm
still a month from getting the 6 back on the road but
the suspension (and all the other ship rights disease
side tracks I have encountered), steering rack rebuild is
going well.

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA