Re: TR4A throw out bearing question

To: "Tony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A throw out bearing question
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:29:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

My sleeve is brass alloy and has the same dimple.  I thought it had gotten
wacked in the engine pull.  The sleeve is in fine shape and I want to reuse
it.

Which end of the thing do you pound on.  I would have to pound on the
gearbox side of the sleeve and push the whole thing through the bearing
coming out the front.   The TR4 throwout bearing/sleeve set would come out
the opposite.  I would pound it from the front to push out the 1/4 of the
thing that fits into the bearing.

Does this make sense??

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA