TR6: Fun w/oil gauge feed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6: Fun w/oil gauge feed
From: "Michael Noerregaard" <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 23:27:49 PST
Fellows,

I did just what Mark was suggesting - installing an electric unit - not
knowing it at the time that it was from a Jag. I found a Smith gauge at
the local "junk-shop" (up on I-35 North of Austin, TX), and with a help
from my mechanic determined that it came off a Jag. Went to the local
Jag-dealer and actually found the /#()"%&)/"(#¤% sending unit - cost a
bloody fortune - but worked (later turned out that the thread wasn't the
exact match, and despite a few couplings continued to leak a bit of oil
with the engine block. Before leaving from TX I sold the car to a fellow
on this list - and it also give him a fair bit of trouble (not so much
because of the oil-feed but because of the DPO (=me)'s mechanic and some
of the work that he did).

Cheers,

Michael
'71 TR6 PI (frame, engine, gearbox, drivetrain - the rest is junk)
'74 TR6 US-model - body - needs some work - will be transplanted to the
PI car.