Re: Crank Q

To: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Crank Q
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:16:01 +0000
John

If you can get one, then the later type of   'CROSS DRILLED'  crank is supposed
to be the best.    The best oil seal is the type used by the racers, I used one
from Moss (UK) which I think was a Land Rover type.  The crank definitely has
to be machined for this, but the seal DOESN'T LEAK (if you fit it properly that
is).

The TR Register magazine is a good place to start to look for a crank in the
UK.

Cheers
Brian Johnson

Internet     bjohnson@mmm.com (work) or b.johnson@diamond.co.uk  (home)

1963  TR4   AFP503A / IZS 733  - CT27216-L  (now not L but O ) ex USA
1954  TR2   46 BHX               TS554-O   in lots of pieces                 UK
Car