TR6 Questions

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Questions
From: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:22:13 -0600
Couple of questions for the list:

1)  The engine in my 76 TR6 gets pulled this weekend.  Will have it dipped
to clean the crud and then will be tearing it apart to check condition of
pistons, crank, etc.  Has almost 100K miles on it and do not know what has
been done to it in the past.  If I would want to increase the compression,
(from 7.5 to 8.5/9.0) what would be the best way to do it?  Pistons? Shaving
head? Combination of both?

2)  Is the oil pan the same color (Gloss Black) as the engine block?

TIA

Frank

'76 TR6 CF57005U