Fwd: Squeaking TR4 front suspensionboundary="part0_913602961_boundary"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Squeaking TR4 front suspensionboundary="part0_913602961_boundary"
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:36:00 EST

--part0_913602961_boundary

From: ArthurK101@aol.com
To: dmericas@limno.com
Subject: Re: Squeaking TR4 front suspension
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:30:27 EST

> With the onset of cold weather, the front suspension on my TR4 has
>  suddenly developed a very loud squeaking noise with every up and down
>  movement of the wheel.  It is worst when the car is cold, but pretty
>  bad even after a few miles.  My wife says it sounds like an old
>  Plymouth Valiant.  Obviously, this can't go on.
>
>  Any suggestions on how I can eliminate the noise?
>
>  Thanks.
>  Dean Mericas, Ann Arbor, MI  (dmericas@limno.com)
>  1965 TR4 (CT370

Dean, no sweat, that's an old problem.  Used to happen to me all the time.
It's the bushings.  Spray WD 40 on them.  Fixes it right up.  P.S. Mine
started doing it again last week - also did it all during the '60's - '90's.
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 Ct33118L (original owner/daily driver)

--part0_913602961_boundary--