Re: TR3 Cranking Rpms - Phase Deux!

To: Gbouff@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Cranking Rpms - Phase Deux!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 20:37:17 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gary,
If you are going to the trouble of pulling the piston and honing the
cylinder, be sure to measure the cylinder for roundness, possible taper
and size.  If there is no evidence of excess wear in those respects, the
size of the cylinder will dictate the size ring you need.  It's possible
that your engine has been rebuilt before and has oversized pistons.
These are usually marked on top but may not be.  So count on the
measurement as your best indicator.

However, If you encounter any of the possible measurements that are
outside of reasonable tolerance, you may as well get ready to do a
"proper" overhaul, since you have it torn down this far.

Good luck,
JOe Curry

--
  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer