Now a TR6 owner!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Now a TR6 owner!
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 15:04:28 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well after years on the MG List and three years of owning an MGB (although
it rusted most of it's time with me), I took the plunge today and purchased
a TR6.

Specifics:

1974 TR6

Rust free, I didn't believe it when I read the ad.  But I spent the better
part of 90 minutes checking the seams, trailing arms, battery box and
anything else I could think of where I knew rust may lurk.  Not even any
bubbles along the body panel seems in the rear.  (and no bondo either)

Ran strong, a bit rich... and the engine will need a rebuild in time.  Two
owners previous to me, had fitted a monza exhaust... very cool.  The
gearbox/clutch were great not a problem at all with either.  No O/D.  Former
owner did some work on the engine, new timing chain... and some little
stuff.

It's sapphire blue (correct?), and the only real problem was a the current
owner had a recent skirmish with another car in which the offending vehicle
just brushed the driver side sill panel, merely cosmetic... and no rust
forming on that either.

The interior was broken in, but not ripped or tatty... just a good homey
feeling to it.  Wooden facia panel was excellent, not a mark on it.  All
guages worked.

Included in the deal are two excellent (but used) red line tyres, and a very
good Snugtop hardtop.  The Snugtop is perfect in every respect, glasses is
scratchless... and the general condition of the top would suggest it never
saw any use.  Some of the rubber was loose, but this may be from just
sitting in a basement or moving it from place to place.

If anyone is wondering why it was being sold is because it was owned by an
elderly man that had to walk 5 city blocks to open the garage where it is
still living.  Not very conducive to an elderly person, and it just wasn't
practical for a retired person living in the city.

So how much did I pay?  $4000.  I never thought I'd buy a car based on
initial impulse, but I've proved myself wrong.

Funny thing is I always thought people joked about the TR6 exhaust note
setting off car alarms, but it is true, we managed to set off one.

Anyway, I'm awaiting the arrival of my new toy.

chocks away,

--
Kai Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access