RE: Starter Motor Problem

To: "'Steve Bonner'" <steveb@aspec.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Starter Motor Problem
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:32:36 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
You don't mention if you have checked the wires at the starter.    Put a
test light on the connections at that end to make sure your current is
making it that far.

Other than that, you can pull the starter and bench test it.  Or you can
take it somewhere that tests starter/generators (NAPA, etc).  Be sure
they hook up the correct ground if your car is still positive ground.

Later,
Carl F. Musson,

        You can't tell which way the car went
        by just looking at the road...
        TR3A's - TS25264L ('58 Almost Daily Driver)
        & TS81802LO - ('61 Concours d'Wannabe)
        Tampa, Florida (USA)
        http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/
<http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/>