Re:Production Runs

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:Production Runs
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:25:14 -0600

I remember reading reports of a study a few years ago, that studied the
efficiencies of various car manufacturers.  They threw Morgan in almost
as a joke.  Morgan ended up ranked the highest or close to it.  This was

largely because there was no inventory of unsold cars.  If it was built,

it was already sold.

Roger Elliott

ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-11-30 09:47:33 EST, jguy@erinet.com writes:
>
> > Precisely why Triumphs are no longer being made. British Leyland
> >  struggled to be competitive in an increasingly global market
selling
> >  hand-fitted cars built in antiquated factories using decades old
> >  technology. Triumphs did not have a 'quality' image for the most
part
> >  when they were being built, however they were expensive to make
given
> >  the amount of labour that went into them.
>
> Bryan, sounds like Morgan should have gone "belly-up" years ago.
However you