Production Runs

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Production Runs
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:27:34 -0500
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Joe,

        RE:"Plus it has to be
considered that their most profitable years were long before the
Emissions and safety standards were in force.  These government mandated
standards drove many auto manufacturers into bankruptcy."

        I'm not sure I'd lay all this at the government's feet.
Triumph was on the ropes in 1960, long before Californians
started worrying about brown air in any official way. Also,
1974 was one of the biggest sales years for the TR6, and the
TR7 was the best selling TR model of all. They went under *despite*
the fact that North Americans were purchasing 100% of their
increasingly emasculated cars, IMO.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic