Re: Production Runs

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Production Runs
From: "Eric Bachman" <ebachman@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:06:46 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

>> Precisely why Triumphs are no longer being made. British Leyland
>>  struggled to be competitive in an increasingly global market selling
>>  hand-fitted cars built in antiquated factories using decades old
>>  technology. Triumphs did not have a 'quality' image for the most part
>>  when they were being built, however they were expensive to make given
>>  the amount of labour that went into them.
>

>Bryan, sounds like Morgan should have gone "belly-up" years ago.  However
you
>can get a new Morgan if you are willing to get on a two year factory
waiting
>list.  Cheers.
>
>Art Kelly

Morgan is a totally different breed.  I have an article written in 1959
stating that Morgan produced between 600 and 900 cars a year.  I saw a
special on Dateline a year or two ago on the Morgan factory.  That piece
stated that the factory produces between 600 and 900 cars a year.  I guess
staying in business isn't that difficult if you have a decent product and
don't have to worry about retooling constantly.

Eric Bachman
73 TR 6
61 Morgan +4