Armor-all

To: Toni Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>
Subject: Armor-all
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:39:39 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Toni Thorn wrote:

> Have done a good clean and am searching for a finishing product.. I have
> "been told" that Armor All is "water-based" and maybe not so good for
> tops!!!  Never heard of *that* before!

I've heard a rumor that Armor All is not the best stuff to use on your
vinyl... while it does make it nice and shiny, you HAVE to keep using it
or else something "bad" will happen.  (vinyl rots quickly?)  I'm not sure
exactly what this Bad thing is, and I've never sprung for a bottle of
Armor All to test it, but it's a thought.

I got OK results on my top by cleaning with hand soap and a soft, soft
nylon bristle brush... the kind used for surgical cleaning.  They're cheap
(because they are intended to be used once) and do a good job at winkling
small bits of dirt out of cracks and crevices.  Make good nail brushes
too.

Of course, in my case, no amount of cleaning would wash the holes out of
the top... or fix the rips...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm