Re; Hagerty Insurance

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re; Hagerty Insurance
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:17:00 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I have been insuring my cars with Hagerty for 3-4 years now with no
complaint. However, I've not had a claim to test them. Heres some extra
info:
1) The were recently purchased by CNA which is a big, first rate company.
2) When I applied, I had to fill out a two page application and send photos.
The application asked detailed questions about type of use on each car to be
insured and mileage driven. I told them 1500-2000 miles per year with club
use as well as occaisional errands and pleasure use. They accepted my
application based on this info and I have a copy of my application as
submitted.

Advice: Apply for this insurance. If accepted it will save you a big bundle
of money. HOWEVER, be very honest about how you will use the car and keep a
copy of what you told them. I figure as long as I use the car the way I told
them,  they'll have a hard time balking at a claim. If they don't like the
type of use they should decline to write the policy.

BTW:  2 cars valued at $7500 and $8500 with zero deductible and
100,000/300,000 liability casts me $145 per year total.
Dan Elder