Re: Boy Racer Subject #45: Ram Pipes?

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Boy Racer Subject #45: Ram Pipes?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:06:16 -0800
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm,
No, Velocity stacks are the tubes (usually flared) that direct air into
the carbs.  Note: all the Weber DCOE carbs I have seen have them
included when purchased.  These particular ones are stainless steel.

Kas Kastner mentions using specially made ones on the Spitfire engines
to improve performance.  However, I doubt the ones he specifies are
available any more.  I wonder if there is a source fot ones of similar
construction.

On the model you had, the velocity stacks were undoubetly long chrome
pipes that came off the top of the carbs and stuck out the top of the
hood.

Regards,
Joe

--