Re: Moss support

To: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: Moss support
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:04:16 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dennis,
I guess all the suppliers have their own individual personality and way
of going about business.  With each philosophy there are bound to be
upsides and downsides.  But having them all there gives more competition
and therefore (hopefully) better pricing and availability.

We each find comfort in the ones we individually choose to do business
with and for whatever reason we form our own priorities for ordering
parts.

For my part, I like BPNW and always give them the first shot when I need
anything.  Many things they do not handle and cheerfully direct me
elsewhere.  Things they do carry are generally a few dollars less
expensive.  The big bonus is the parts arrive UPS ground the next day
with a few bits of candy and gum thrown in the box.

I find Moss, TRF and VB have their own advantages and problems as well.

My observations are:
Moss:  They don't seem to care about older Spits (although when I know
that parts from newer of different models work, I am somewhat surprised
when they actually have them in stock at a fair price.
VB: They typically have a good stock of most parts, but tend to be a bit
on the pricey side.
TRF: Knowledgeable staff but too often don't have stock on the parts I
need and when they go on backorder, it's like the order went into the
Bermuda Triangle.  Parts they do have are always excellent quality and
priced well.

But don't take my word for any of these companies, formulate your own
opinions.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--