Re: Boy Racer Subject #45: Ram Pipes?

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Boy Racer Subject #45: Ram Pipes?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:19:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Joe Curry wrote:

> Sounds amazingly like the definition of a "Velocity Stack"

But I thought a Velocity Stack went between the carb and the block-- a big
manifold--- whereas these things (Ram pipes) can also be called "air
horns"...?

I'm just wondering.  I'm pretty sure I had a 1/12 '57 Chevy hotrod (model)
equipped with twin 4bbl carbs and "Velocity stacks".  Maybe those were the
funnel-shaped things on top of the carbs; I always thought it applied to
the hi-rise manifold.  Oh well.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm